2018 WPSHCC Walking Challenge
The WPSHCC 2018 Walking Challenge will promote wellness by encouraging participants to walk more often during the day. Participants may use a pedometer, fitness device or other step tracker to record the number of daily steps taken and record this number into the ChallengeRunner.com system either through the website, entry into the ChallengeRunner smartphone app, automatic upload from a compatible fitness device through the ChallengeRunner smartphone app, or via text message. Steps are to be recorded and logged every day; however, participants may enter steps taken up to seven days after the log date
This challenge will run for eight weeks, starting Monday, March 12, 2018 and ending Sunday, May 6, 2018. Throughout the Challenge the following rewards will be provided to randomly selected participants who have met the qualifications:
- A $100 gift card will be awarded to one participant from each district for registering for the Challenge
- A $25 gift card will be awarded each week throughout the duration of the challenge to a participant who has input their steps every week. Participants must have entered their steps for each week leading up to the award week.
- At the conclusion of the Challenge, twenty (20) $100 gift cards will be allocated to the districts based on the overall district completion rates. The winners of these gift cards will be selected randomly amongst participants that have completed the entire challenge and entered their steps for each week.
The Final reward will be awarded to the Top 3 Districts with the Highest Completion Rates. A recipient from each of these districts will be randomly selected to receive the following gift card rewards (Note: these denominations are estimates and may fluctuate based on number of Challenge Registrants):
- First Place Award - $400
- Second Place Award - $250
- Third Place Award - $150
The 2018 WPSHCC Walking Challenge has the following characteristics:
- In the leaderboard, each participant is able to see where they stand in relation to other participants using real names.
- Each District will be a team and participants will be part of their District's Team
- Participants are allowed to enter up to 20,000 steps (approximately 10 miles) each day.
- Steps are to be recorded and logged every day; however, participants may enter steps taken up to seven days after the log date.