Total Wellness Challenge with Fitness Trackers
(Edit this general description for your challenge)
The Total Wellness Challenge with Fitness Trackers will promote wellness by encouraging participants to sleep, move, eat, drink, and reflect. Participants may use a supported activity tracking device to record the hours of sleep and steps walked and transmit this number into the ChallengeRunner.com system. Participants will receive points based on the following:
Total daily sleep recorded:
- Less than 6 hours: 0 points
- 6 to 7 hours: 3000 points
- 7 to 9 hours: 5000 points
- 9 to 10 hours: 3000 points
- 10 or More hours: 0 points
Steps walked: 1 point per step
Mindfullness practice: 2000 points
- 0 servings: 0 points
- 1 to 2 servings: 2000 points
- 3 to 4 servings: 3000 points
- 5+ servings: 4000 points
Drank at least 8 glasses of water: 2000 points.
The results of those points are then compared against one another and a real-time leaderboard is made available.
In order to receive data from tracking devices, each participant must first install the appropriate software and create an account on the activity tracker's website. Every participant must then authorize ChallengeRunner.com to capture individual data as follows:
After logging in, the participant must click the Profile link at the top of the home page and then click the Authorize link. On the tracker website shown the user must enter their ID and Password they created when they first registered the device.
Once the device is authorized, the user must ensure that they connect their device to the activity tracker's website at least once per day to sync data.
This challenge will run for six weeks. At the conclusion of six weeks, the participants with the top three recorded minutes will be awarded the following:
- First Place Award
- Second Place Award
- Third Place Award
The Total Wellness Challenge with Fitness Trackers has the following characteristics:
- In the leaderboard, each participant is able to see where they stand in relation to other participants using real names.
- Devices should be synced every day; however, participants may take up to seven days after the log date to sync data.
- Although activity trackers are supported, they are not required. Participants may enter their own data using the ChallengeRunner website or ChallengeRunner smartphone apps.