submitted by: Good Samaritan School
Want to use this Template?
Each of these challenge templates are available in ChallengeRunner to quick-start your setup process. Simply select the
Copy and edit a pre-existing challenge from our database option when creating your new challenge.
|Field Label||Field Type||Data Entry||Frequency
User Entry (up to 0 days late)
Did you know that people who walk on a regular basis have increased muscle strength, higher energy levels, and improved health and well being? Walking helps reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and some cancers. Health professionals recommend walking at least 10,000 steps a day to achieve those benifits.
Are you willing to bet on yourself that you can stick to this challenge? This will be an investment in your health!
Step Challenge Rules:
- Time frame January 14-February 10, 2018 (4 Week Challenge)
- Entrance fee $20.00
- First week 8,000 steps are needed for 6 to help ease participants into the challenge
- 2nd, 3rd, and 4th week 10,000 steps are required for 6 days/ each week 1 day is free
- A day is considered 12:00am-11:59pm
- You must have a activity tracker: Fitbit, Apple watch, Apple health, Android Health, Garmin, and pedometer to track your daily steps.
- You have 3 days to record your step number into the Challengerunner.com system either through the website or by using the Challengerunner smartphone apps. While it is recommended that participants log steps every evening, they have up to 3 days to record their daily steps. Remeber to reset your device daily.
- No refund because this loss of money is to motivate you to not give up.
How to win:
- Everyone who successfully completed the challenge wins their enterance fee back. Those participants that fell short will have their money put into a pot and it will be split among the winners.
- In the end, I hope everyones a winner because you invested time into yourself to become more active.