General Challenge Information
Friday, January 8, 2016-Thursday, March 31, 2016
Over the course of 12-weeks, teams of 3 will compete in a challenge to lose weight, exercise regularly, eat healthy and live well. At the end of the program, the top team and top three participarnts will be named and will receive the following top prizes:
#1 Team--$100 gift cards for each participant ($300 total)
#1 Participant--$400 gift card
#2 Participant--$200 gift card
#3 Participant--$100 gift card
To participate, teams of three must commit by Friday, January 8th with a $10 entry fee per team member (or $30 per team). The entry fee can be paid at a later date if needed.
How To Earn Points?
Because not all of us need to lose body weight, we want to make this challenge more about healthy living allowing everyone to participate and have a good chance of winning. Therefore, here is the key to earning points.
- Steps Walked (you can enter this manually on your phone or computer, sync your FitBit to your account or text your data to the number provided). Each 1,000 steps equates to 1 Challenge Point
- Servings of Fruits and Veggies (you can enter this manually on your phone or computer). 3 Daily Servings of Fruits/Veggies equates to 3 Points / 5 Daily Servings of Fruits/Veggies equates to 5 Points
- Daily Workout (you can enter this manually on your phone or computer or text your data to the number provided). Every 30 Minutes of Exercise in a Dedicated Workout equates to 5 Points
- Each week, you need to log your weight (based on a weigh-in with the school nurse). After weigh-in, you will need to take your slip and log the data using your phone or computer or by texting the data to the number provided. 1% of Weight Lost equates to 10 Points
- Each month, we will host an event (hiking, cooking class, or similar). There will only be one event per month (one in January, one in February and one in March). No extra events will be added. Each Event Attended equates to 25 Points