2018 Spring into Summer Fitness Challenge: May 7 – June 30, 2018
The Spring into Summer Fitness Challenge is a fun, 8-week competition geared towards all fitness levels – whether you are just starting or running the Vermont City Marathon & Relay. Daily points can be earned for exercise performed as well as other daily activities shown to improve health. This is an individual challenge, so accumulate as many points as you can within the 56-day timeframe while competing against your People’s United co-workers for amazing prizes!
Eligibility for Prizes:
Multiple prizes are available. In addition to first, second and third place prizes for the most challenge points earned, there will be raffles for all participants earning a minimum of:
● 168 points (average 3 points per day);
● 280 points (average 5 points per day);
● 392 points (average 7 points per day).
The more points you earn – the more chances you have to win! Prizes will also be awarded for mini-challenges during weeks 1, 3, 5 and 7.
You can log your daily exercise one of two ways:
1. Challenge Runner website: www.challengerunner.com
2. Challenge Runner app on your phone (simply download on your mobile phone)
How to Earn Points:
● Intentional Exercise Minutes: 20 Minutes of Daily Exercise = 1 Point
- Earn 1 point for every 20 minutes of daily intentional exercise, up to a daily maximum of 6 points.
- Exercise may be accumulated throughout the day, however, it must be completed in increments of at least 10 minutes to qualify.
- Exercise includes activities such as walking, running, hiking, cycling, swimming, playing sports, yoga, Pilates, lifting weights, rock climbing, martial arts, workout videos and class, etc. Intentional means that you do it deliberately for the purpose of exercise or fitness.
- Only count the time actually spent exercising, for example a 3 hour hike with a 1 hour lunch break should be logged as 2 hours/6 points of exercise for the challenge.
● Hydration: 64 ounces of water daily = 1 Point
- Track your daily water intake & earn one point for every day you drink at least 64 ounces of water.
● Nutrition: Eat 3 or more servings of fruit and/or vegetables daily = 1 Point