Steps to Stop Stroke
submitted by: National Stroke Association
Want to use this Template?
Each of these challenge templates are available in ChallengeRunner to quick-start your setup process. Simply select the
Copy and edit a pre-existing challenge from our database option when creating your new challenge.
|Field Label||Field Type||Data Entry||Frequency
User Entry (up to 7 days late)
Since physically active individuals have a 25% – 30% lower risk of stroke than less active individuals, the National Stroke Association invites you to join us this May for the Steps to Stop Stroke step challenge. Reduce your risk for stroke during National Stroke Awareness Month with us this year!
- Participants will use your own device for tracking – you may use a pedometer, phone, or other step tracker to record the number of steps taken each day.
- Participants will need to register
- Log your steps each day by one of the following methods:
- Sync your preferred fitness tracker*,
- Enter steps in ChallengeRunner via the National Stroke Association website (stroke.org/nsam/get-active),
- Use the ChallengeRunner smartphone app, or
- Text in your steps to the designated phone number.
*ChallengeRunner supports syncing with the following types of devices: Apple Health, Fitbit, Fitbug, Garmin, Google Fit, Jawbone, Misfit, the Moves App and Withings.
- While it is recommended that you log your steps every day, you have up to seven days to record daily steps. Participants are allowed to enter up to 20,000 steps (approx. 10 miles) each day.
- This challenge will run for the entire month of May (May 1 - May 31, 2018). At the conclusion of May, the participants with the top three recorded steps will be awarded the following:
- $150 Amazon e-gift card
- $125 Amazon e-gift card
- $100 Amazon e-gift card
In addition, every participant who records a minimum of 155,000 steps (an average of 5,000 steps per day) will be entered into a prize drawing for one of fifteen (15) $25 Amazon e-gift cards!
Please see www.stroke.org/nsam/get-active for additional information and Official Rules.