Welcome to our very own March Madness Lose to Win challenge where we are losing those unhealthy habits and winning in wellness. The point of this challenge is to indulge in healthier habits because everyone is a winner when they live a healthier life.
There are several tasks that are available for you to complete. Each completed task will give you corresponding points. The top teams with the highest AVERAGE points at the end of the week will advance to the next round. There will be four teams. Each week, the team with the lowest average points will be eliminated (just like the NCAA brackets). The challenge will run for 3 weeks, March 11 to April 1 and the winning team will be announced April 2 and earn the prize. What if your team doesn’t make it to the next round? No worries! At the end of the challenge, there will be some fun individual awards so keep tracking!
Here are the tasks that you will compete in:
- Show the team what wellness means to you by uploading a wellness/fitness selfie. Whether your wellness style is hitting the gym, walking the dog or taking a nap, show us what makes YOU feel good. Each day that you upload your selfie, you will earn 2 points! So #smile!
- Spend some time with loved ones and grab a point. Take some time out of your busy schedule and spend it with family and friends. You’ll earn 1 point daily for this activity.
- Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate! Drink that wonderfully delicious glass of water and rack up on some points! For every 4 ounces you drink, you will earn 1 point so CHEERS!
- No more going out for lunch. SAY WHAAA??? That’s right! Take some time to meal prep and grab a brown bag and bring your lunch in. Every day you brown bag it, you will earn 2 points!
- Get the stepping!!! Bring in those walking shoes and hit some pavement. For every 2,000 steps you take, you’ll earn 1 point. So BE CALM and WALK ON!
- The weather outside is… better! So hit the gym, do some yard work, or dance the night away! Whatever you do, get active! 30 minutes of activity will earn you 2 points!
- Were you thinking about shedding a pound or two… or three or four??? Well, this is the perfect time. Losing weight can be tough so what can be better than getting rewarded with 10 points… that’s right… TEN POINTS for every pound you lose. Whattaya have to lose but a little extra you?
“I can’t do this…” “Others are better at this than me...” “I’m not the best at…”
No, no, no. We will not have that kind of language floating around our team. Negative Self Talk isn’t a part of our healthy lifestyle. Some days are harder than others but we do our best to stay positive. Sooooooooo, if any opposing team member catches you with negative self-talk, you will automatically lose one point. That’s right, I said it. WE ARE GIVING OUT NEGATIVE POINTS FOR NEGATIVE TALK. Tsk, tsk, tsk. We will have none of that!
On March 6th, we will randomly put the teams together during our team meeting. You will decide on your team name by Thursday, March 8th. You will receive an email invite to join the challenge on Friday, March 9th. We will be using ChallengeRunner.com and you will be able to connect all your fitness devices through the app or on their website. You can use the iPhone, Android, Fitbit, Garmin, Jawbone and Samsung to record your activity.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to me.
Good Luck All and let the Wellness be with YOU!