Stepping Into Spring | A Community Walking Challenge
Brought to you by Summit Health and Healthy Franklin County as part of the Franklin County Walks movement
Stepping Into Spring 2018 is a FREE 12-week community walking challenge designed to promote wellness by encouraging participants to walk more often during the day. It is a fun and effective way to increase your physical activity levels.
Who can participate?
This challenge is open to anyone in the community. Any community member and or employee of participating employers can participate, including spouses, children, co-workers and or friends.
When is the challenge?
Challenge begins: Monday, February 12th
Challenge ends: Sunday, May 6th
What is the step goal?
The step goal is 70,000 steps per week. Broken out evenly, this is 10,000 steps per day, however, we know some days it can be easy or difficult to get 10,000 steps in, so we are using a weekly vs. daily goal.
NOTE: Participants are encouraged to complete at least 7,000 – 8,000 steps per day to meet the CDC’s recommendation of at least 150 minutes of moderate activity a week.
What can I win?
- Each week, participants who are actively participating by submitting steps will be entered ONE time into a random weekly drawing to win a $25 Visa giftcard or sponsored giftcard.
- Each week, participants who are actively participating by submitting steps AND complete the goal of 70,000 steps that week will be entered TWO times into the random weekly drawing to win a $25 Visa giftcard or sponsored giftcard.
- Grand prize for Individual and Team logging the most steps for the entire challenge.
- Employer with the most participants will be recognized.
- Most importantly, you win the opportunity for improved health!
How do I submit my steps?
Record your number of daily steps taken individually into Challenge Runner by visiting www.summithealth.org/WalkingChallenge or by using the Challenge Runner smartphone app. While it is recommended that participants log steps every evening, you MUST submit your steps each Monday by 11:59pm for the previous Monday-Sunday week to be eligible for the weekly giftcard drawing. Please be honest in submitting your step totals.
NOTE: Certain wearable devices can be synced to your Challenge Runner account, so your steps are automatically uploaded for you each day! Select this option in your Challenge Runner profile.
For complete details, please visit www.summithealth.org/WalkingChallenge