CHSI 10,000 Steps Challenge
submitted by: Community Health Systems Inc (FQHC)
Want to use this Template?
Each of these challenge templates are available in ChallengeRunner to quick-start your setup process. Simply select the
Copy and edit a pre-existing challenge from our database option when creating your new challenge.
|Field Label||Field Type||Data Entry||Frequency
10,000 Steps Challenge
For the next four weeks, CHSI is challenging ALL employees from beginning fitness levels to all-star athletes, to participate in the 1st Annual CHSI “10,000 Steps Challenge”. There are endless benefits to walking. To lose weight, become healthier, or maintain our personal wellness, 10,000 steps each day can assist. We aim to improve the health of all CHSI staff through this friendly competition that increases daily physical activity both during the 4 weeks and, hopefully, thereafter. The goal of the 10,000 Steps Challenge is to help you form the habit of exercising on a daily basis. Start the journey of becoming healthier and receive rewards for your efforts along the way!
- Open the App in the morning and let it start recording the number of steps you take daily!
- The number of steps that registers in the App is the number that counts and the number that will be automatically recorded every 15 minutes here on the site!
- It is highly suggested that you do not “Authorize” more than one device at a time. If you do, the data feeds from each will overwrite one another.
- No data will be entered manually. All data is automatically pulled from the authorized Fitness Tracker App only. No Exceptions!
- HR cannot authorize a tracker for a participant. However, we are more than happy to show you in-person or assist with setup via telephone.
- The Challenge Runner website also has an app (Optional) that you can download for free from your App Store.
There are two ways to win:
- Individual Challenge: The individual CHSI employee with the greatest number of steps is the Grand Prize Winner!
- Team Challenge: The site/clinic with the highest total steps combined at the end of the competition are the Team Winners! Sorry, participants only!