Hub City 100 Miler 2018
submitted by: City of Hagerstown Parks and Recreation
Want to use this Template?
Each of these challenge templates are available in ChallengeRunner to quick-start your setup process. Simply select the
Copy and edit a pre-existing challenge from our database option when creating your new challenge.
|Field Label||Field Type||Data Entry||Frequency
Activity (In Minutes)
Running/Walking/Biking (In Miles)
*HUB CITY 100 MILER CHALLENGE*
100 Miles in 100 Days
Click Here for Info
- Weekly Prizes –
- Start & Finish Dates: The program begins on Saturday, January 13, 2018. The programs runs for 100 days, concluding on Sunday, April 22.
- Record Your Own Miles: The program is self-reporting, you are accountable for tracking your own miles. You can simply do one mile a day or you can complete 2 miles one day and take a break the next - the goal is to complete 100 miles (or more) in 100 days, it’s all up to you!
- CLICK HERE FOR A MILEAGE TRACKING FORM
- How to Get Your Miles In: There are lots of physical activities that get your body moving. 20 minutes of continuous physical activity (like a Yoga class, skiing, golf) counts as one mile, or simply walk or run a mile, it all counts! Get creative and remember, it’s all about having fun while making a lifestyle change! Email us any questions on making your miles count at:firstname.lastname@example.org
- What’s the Incentive: All registered paid participants are automatically eligible to win weekly prizes and entered into the Grand Prize drawing(s) on April 21, 2017. Weekly prize winners will be randomly drawn each Thursday, and winners announced via our website! If you do the math, that’s the chance to win one of 14 weekly prizes like a personal fitness session, golf or swim passes,gift certificates, and a Men's and Women's Specialized Multi-Sport Bike, retail valued at $620. We will send you weekly emails to keep you motivated with ideas on how to get your miles in! You get your own parks & rec ‘virtual coach’ as part of the program.
- Fee to participate: $10 without t-shirt; $20 with t-shirt. Register with your dog for $15 without t-shirt; Or, register with your dog and get a t-shirt and a doggie bandana for $25. Click on the registration link above to register.
- Who can register: Anyone in the community who is up for the challenge! Not restricted to City residents. Help us fight the obesity rate in the City and County!
- How to be eligible for prizes: All registered paid participants are automatically eligible to win a weekly prize and entered into the Grand Prize drawings on April 21, 2017. To claim your prize, you must provide a completed and signed miles tracking form to the Parks & Rec office at Fairgrounds Park on 351 N. Cleveland Avenue. NEW this year! You may track your miles online!
- Make it Fun: Sign up with a friend, get the miles in with your dog, try something new….the ultimate goal is to have fun, while getting healthy and active! Good luck!!!
For more information call: Amy Riley, Recreation Promotion & Services Coordinator
email@example.com | 301-739-8577 x 18