Step It Up MUSC! CHP
submitted by: MUSC
Want to use this Template?
Each of these challenge templates are available in ChallengeRunner to quick-start your setup process. Simply select the
Copy and edit a pre-existing challenge from our database option when creating your new challenge.
|Field Label||Field Type||Data Entry||Frequency
User Entry (up to 7 days late)
Invited members of the MUSC community will form teams of 6-12 people and designate a captain. The team captain will register the team, send invites to their teammates to log in, and encourage participation through goal-setting and overall cheerleading.
Steps will be entered through one of the methods below into challengerunner.com. The program averages the total steps per month for the entire team (walked/run) divided by the number of teammates, to help make the teams more equitable. A ceiling of 20,000 steps per person per day will be set to help eliminate outliers from over-weighting the results. All steps count (either walked or run).
The team with the most steps as of Feb 28 wins! Participants can log their steps using
- Web-based fitness trackers that integrate with Challenge Runner (once authorized such as Fit Bit)
- Applications: challenge runner, Moves, other Smart Phone options
- Text manual calculation to Challenge Runner (first register the cell phone number being used so that Challenge Runner recognizes the text)
- Log on to the website and enter the steps manually
- Download the Challenge Runner app and enter steps manually