Alegeus Pinktober Step Competition
submitted by: Alegeus
Want to use this Template?
Each of these challenge templates are available in ChallengeRunner to quick-start your setup process. Simply select the
Copy and edit a pre-existing challenge from our database option when creating your new challenge.
|Field Label||Field Type||Data Entry||Frequency
Our first formal wellness activity is a company-wide step competition benefiting Susan G. Komen for the Cure! We will be utilizing the ChallengeRunner app to host a company-wide walking challenge from Monday, October 17th through Sunday, October 30th – register today to compete! Participants will be able to walk to raise money for Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the top three walkers will win some awesome wellness prizes.
How it Works:
1. Track Your Steps
- On the ChallengeRunner website, link your authorized fitness device (ex. FitBit, Apple Watch, etc.) or download and link the free “Moves” app.
- For employees that do not own a smartphone or fitness device, we have pedometers! (Please see Laura S in Waltham, Lisa B in Orlando and Angie M in Milwaukee)
2. View the Leaderboard
- Download the ChallengeRunner app or go to the ChallengeRunner website to view the leaderboard. Both update in real-time.
- On Monday, October 17th, start walking (and don’t stop until Sunday, October 30th)! Remember – you will not be able to track steps or view the leaderboard until the competition officially starts on Monday, October 17th.
- At midnight on Sunday, October 23rd and 30th, individual step counts will be reviewed. Each employee that reaches 50,000 steps for the week will result in a $5.00 donation to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Let’s break this down:
- If you walk 50,000 steps between Monday, October 17th and Sunday, October 23rd, $5.00 will be donated to Susan G. Komen.
- If you walk 50,000 steps between Monday, October 24th and Sunday, October 30th, another $5.00 will be donated!
- Annnd… the top three leaders on the leaderboard at midnight on Sunday, October 30th will win some awesome wellness prizes!
Let’s get walking for a great cause!